City Line Florist is proud to use Veriflora certified flowers and plants. Veriflora is an agricultural sustainability certification and eco-labeling program recognized as the gold-standard in the floriculture and horticulture industries.
What this means for you:
The Veriflora certified sustainably grown label is your guarantee that flowers and potted plants have been produced in an environmentally and socially responsible manner and with high-quality standards. Florists who use Veriflora flowers and plants are committed to delivering only the highest quality products, produced with rigorous environmental accountability while at the same time addressing the health and well-being of workers, their families, and communities.
What Makes Veriflora Unique?
Veriflora is unique among sustainability certification programs for fresh cut flowers and potted plants in several respects:
- It establishes significant greenhouse gas reduction and energy efficiency goals to make sure that growers and handlers are doing their part to tackle some of the most difficult challenges of our time.
- It requires growers to develop a plan for converting to organic pest management and soil fertility practices, creating a unified path for organic and sustainable agriculture.
- It actively steers farmers away from potentially harmful agrochemical usage.
- It contains extensive ecosystem, water quality protection, and resource conservation measures to protect the ecology for generations to come.
- It creates a climate of cooperation with workers, their families, and communities.
- It applies to everyone in the supply chain, including not only growers, but shippers, distributors, and retailers as well.
When you choose a Veriflora product from City Line Florist, you are contributing to a global movement to encourage companies to become sustainable.