November’s the time of year to count your blessings and be thankful for all your loved ones. At City Line Florist, serving Trumbull, we been busy putting together an exhaustive list of fun ideas of what to bring to Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving this year! No matter who’s hosting, you’ll have the perfect gift to show your appreciation.
The Importance of Host Gifts at Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving
When you’ve been invited to a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dinner, it’s important to bring something special to thank your host or hostess. Even if it’s a potluck style meal, you should still bring a hostess gift. It takes a lot of effort to prepare a home, kitchen, and dining table to welcome guests, and a thoughtful gift will make sure your appreciation is understood.
Charming Gifts for Any Host This Thanksgiving
Gorgeous Fall Flowers – Autumn Color Cube
Friendsgiving is just like Thanksgiving, but is meant to be celebrated with the people whom you choose to love — your friends! Depending on everyone’s schedules Friendsgiving is sometimes held on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, during the week after the holiday, or on Thanksgiving Day itself. This less formal gathering is all about having fun, so keep that in mind when choosing a hostess gift.
- An arrangement of cheerful, autumn-colored flowers
- Games to enjoy after dinner
- A candle with a seasonal scent to make your friend’s home feel extra cozy
- A set of seasonal kitchen towels featuring turkeys or pumpkins
- A basket full of relaxing items like bath bombs and lotions to unwind after cleanup
- A pair of fuzzy socks
- A set of festive oven mitts
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Box of Chocolates
Elegant and Sophisticated Floral Arrangement – Free Fallin’
Whether you’re meeting your significant other’s family for the first time or have known them for years, it’s important to show them how much you appreciate them welcoming you into their family and holiday traditions. In other words, don’t show up empty-handed. We recommend choosing a tasteful and elegant gift so that your sincerity shines through.
- A pretty box of gourmet chocolates or an attractive set of jams made in your hometown
- An elegant floral arrangement that could be used as a centerpiece or to decorate another spot in their home
- Whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- An expensive bottle of wine and a pretty set of wine glass charms
- A fancy cheese tray with a set of cheese markers
- A set of sampling salts for those with refined taste buds
- High-quality serving utensils, since they’re always in high-demand on Thanksgiving Day
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re heading to your parents’ or grandparents’ house for the holiday, it’s still important to bring a gift. After all, these are some of the most important people in your life; you should show them how thankful you are to have them. Choose an item you know they’ll enjoy or bring something that’ll improve everyone’s holiday.
- A homemade pecan, pumpkin, or apple pie in a festive pie plate
- Sparkling cider so everyone has a special drink to sip
- New toys to occupy the household pets
- A set of holiday cookie cutters for your favorite baker
- Activities to keep the kids busy, like a game or a not-too-messy craft project
- Gourmet coffee to brew with dessert
- A set of holiday measuring spoons or spatulas
Flowers Always Make the Perfect Host Gift
Vibrant Flowers in Vase – Essence of Autumn
No matter who’s hosting your Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving meal, flowers always make a great host or hostess gift. When you arrive with a beautiful floral arrangement, festive centerpiece, or lovely potted plant, your host will know how much you appreciate your invitation. We welcome you to stop by our City Line Florist showroom for expert help and recommendations on the perfect flowers and arrangements to give as hostess gifts this year.